Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Great Symposium


I spent Saturday at The Center for Independent Publishing's SPLAT, aGraphic novel symposium. The event was a blast. I met a lot of really great people, made what I hope will be some good contacts, and generally learned a bunch.


The thing happened at the General Society for Mechanics and Tradesmen, this wonderfully old school gorgeous building right by the theatres off Times Square. The place is just a confectionary of stonework and has one of those achingly lovely libraries which are so unlike contemporary library design.


Spent the vast majority of my time in the Track 3 educators sequence. Lots of big brain stuff on applications of the art form to education and how libraries of different types make them work.


Details to follow, I got too much out of this to blaze it all out at once...

No comments: